The Child Abuse Prevention Center has an opening for a Full Time Program Director of Community Outreach Services for its Community Outreach and Engagement Program
Program Director of Community Outreach Services
The Program Director of Community Outreach Services for the Child Abuse Prevention Center is responsible for leading community and outreach program initiatives in underserved communities throughout Orange County. The programs are designed to promote and raise awareness of mental wellness in children and teens, provide parent education for families with children experiencing a mental health issue, reduce psychosocial risk factors and strengthen protective factors for children, promote access to available community resources, and establish peer support groups for families with a family member experiencing a mental health or substance abuse issue. This position is responsible for the consistent achievement of program goals and contract requirements and ensuring a commitment to program service excellence in accordance with the Child Abuse Prevention Center’s goals and objectives. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs and Operations and leads program and support staff.
Through a respectful and constructive style, guided by the objectives of the company and in accordance with contract requirements, the Program Director of Community Outreach Services provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the people and program systems are in place to effectively establish and grow program teams while providing support to organization-wide policies and programs that will contribute to its overall success.
- Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, or other related field required. License or license eligible desired
- Minimum four years experience in the mental health/social service fields, experience with community outreach efforts would be ideal.
- Minimum four years experience in parent education programs
- Minimum of two years experience as a supervisor and with developing and administering mental health or social service programs
- Knowledge of the mental health system of care
- Experience managing contracts
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a diverse team environment
Qualified interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com :
- cover letter
- salary history