Thank you for your interest in the Child Abuse Prevention Center’s internship program. As we continue our mission to break the generational cycle of child abuse and family violence, we are grateful for your willingness to get involved and make a positive impact in the community.
Internship opportunities are available to students receiving course credit for their volunteer service. Core Volunteer Opportunities are available to individuals interested in volunteering long term (3+ months, 7+ hours per week). If you are not receiving credit then please fill out a volunteer application and submit with your resume to email@example.com
To apply for an internship, submit your resume along with the completed Internship Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our internship line at (714) 543-4333 ext. 772.
**Please be advised the entire process (application, interviews, screenings, & orientation) will take an average of 2 weeks before selected interns can begin their service **
Development Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
Development Interns, and Core Volunteers assist in a variety of areas to obtain financial and other support for the organization.
- Events – provides quality support to the Development & Special Events Coordinator in order to ensure the success of Child Abuse Prevention Center special events such as galas, golf outings, and casino nights. Intern/Core Volunteer will provide support pre-event, during the event, and post-event. Additional responsibilities include assisting with displays for auction items, reconciling auction items, and any support needed to ensure event success.
- Marketing and communications - focuses on identifying new content for Social Media and Websites. Intern/Core Volunteer will be responsible for the preparation for our publications through mediums including Websites and other forms of Social media. Other obligations may include marketing and event coordination. Please send 2 writing samples along with resume and application.
Program Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
Program internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities are available in a variety of different programs. Please view the descriptions below:
- Toddler Home Visitation – helps deliver critically-needed, intensive parenting strategies to families with children from birth to 5 years of age that. Intern/Core Volunteer also provides administrative and program support to Toddler staff as services are delivered to at-risk families in an effort to break the generational cycle of abuse. Support will include but not be limited to: administrative tasks, outreach, special projects, and providing support to caseworkers during client home visits.
- Infant Home Visitation – offers at-risk parents of newborns a support system and a link to community resources to help ease the adjustment following the birth of a new baby. Intern/Core Volunteer also provides administrative and program support to infant staff as services are delivered to at-risk families in an effort to break the generational cycle of abuse. Support will include but not be limited to: administrative tasks, outreach, special projects, and providing support to caseworkers during client home visits.
- In-Home Coach – helps at-risk families who have been suspected or have confirmed cases of child abuse and are referred by the County of Orange Social Services Agency. The abuse can consist of neglect, physical, sexual, or emotional child abuse. Our goal is to provide preventative services to keep the abuse from occurring again.
- Monitored Visitation – provides a safe and supervised environment for children to meet with noncustodial parents and family. Intern/Core Volunteer will assist in providing monitored visitation for families referred by Children & Family Services Social Workers.
- Parent to Parent – provides parents with the necessary skills to address issues such as developmental milestones, effective communication and challenging behaviors through a FREE 10-week training course. Intern/Core Volunteer will be responsible for assisting Childcare coordinators in childcare services by providing care for young children in an indoor and/or outdoor environment.
- Teen Voices, Teen Choices – focuses on reducing pregnancy and dating violence among Orange County teens by empowering them to make responsible choices. Comprised of three integrated components, Teen Voices, Teen Choices strives to meet the needs and challenges that face teens today. Intern/Core Volunteer will provide quality support to Teen Voices, Teen Choices (TVTC) program staff in order to further the program mission of promoting emotional and social well-being.
- Neighbor to Neighbor – provides quality Neighbor to Neighbor/Path One services to parents referred by the Orange County Child Abuse Registry. Intern/Core Volunteer will conduct over-the-phone assessment for all clients and provide clients with overview of possible services.
- Well – offers services to help unserved and underserved Orange County communities raise awareness of topics such as healthy childhood development; emotional and social well-being; and improved communication and understanding within families. Intern/Core Volunteer also provides quality support to Well program staff in order to further the program mission of promoting emotional and social well-being to Orange County’s families.
Other Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
- Human Resource Recruitment - develops and assists with recruitment, screenings and on-boarding efforts for the Child Abuse Prevention Center.
- At least 18 years old.
- Willing to commit 7-20 hours a week for 3 or more months.
- Clear all required screenings: Live Scan, Tuberculosis and DMV report, copy of car insurance and satisfactory references.
- Documentation from your school permitting you to intern at CAPC if receiving school credit.
- Interested in learning about in-home parenting services, non-profits, development fundraising or social services.
- Must be open-minded and nonjudgmental with a positive attitude.
- While not required, bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese is greatly desired for program internships.
If you are interested in casual volunteer opportunities or opportunities to volunteer as a family, please proceed to our volunteer page for further details.