The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a Billing Oversight Manager for the Children’s In-Home Crisis Stabilization Program (CIHCS).
The Billing Oversight Manager coordinates and documents internal regulatory processes, such as billing, documentation quality and internal and external reports.
- Supervise clerical staff of Children’s In Home Crisis Stabilization Program.
- Coordinate efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions.
- Maintain current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Knowledge of County contracts procedures.
- Effective billing of Medi-Cal documentation utilizing the IRIS system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and support clerical staff
- Serving as a Medi-Cal Quality Assurance technical reviewer for Orange County Contracted Mental Health Program.
- Conduct training on QA processes and regulatory and other topics.
- Knowledge and utilization of IHCS Exym program.
- Knowledge and utilization of Orange County Citrix IRIS program, billing insurance companies and patients for services rendered of non-Medi- Cal clients.
- Inform supervisor of any observed issues identified during the conduct of audits.
- Provide guidance as needed to staff to address the required corrective or preventive measures.
- Maintain miscellaneous internal agency reports and statistics as well as those required by the Health Care Agency.
- Work Revenue Cycle Services back end of the billing on a daily basis.
- Oversee collection and correlation of weekly and monthly county statistics.
- Maintain database to maintain all staff are compliant with Medi-Cal trainings and BBS registration.
- Maintain client records in both hard file and database format.
- Understand, interpret and apply complex procedures, regulations and directions in order to process verify the accuracy of information or documents.
- Quality Assurance experience with Medi-Cal documentation and timelines.
- Assist in monitoring supplies and general office duties as assigned.
- Classify and index the medical records for easy retrieval, and review records, provide necessary paperwork and prepare records for review.
- Assist with the development of new lines of third party billing.
- Maintains calendar and monitors location of staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, BA preferred
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Two years of billing experience with HCA IRIS System or Similar Medical billing system
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, including filing methods, systems and the operation of office equipment.
- Two years experience in applying Quality Assurance practices to Medi-Cal documentation and timelines.
- Advanced computer skills especially in Excel, Word, and Access