The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a full-time, Mental Health Professional for the Children’s In-Home Crisis Stabilization Program (CIHCS).
- Targeted to serve at-risk children ages 0-17.
- Helping children who experience thoughts of suicide, thoughts to harm others, self-harming behaviors (cutting) and/or aggressiveness.
- Providing an effective proven service model
- Short term and intensive (3 weeks).
Services provided within the home and/or community.
- Provide 24/7 intensive crisis intervention and critical safety management services based on an on call schedule. Services are to be provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
- Prove support to the individual child and family to help them cope with stressors related to emotional disturbance and stressors.
- Conduct a thorough clinical assessment including chief complaint, history, mental status, needs of family and disposition. Assessment is to be focused on the crisis and safety concerns.
- Develop and implement a Client Service Plan with collaboration of child and families, in order to provide Strength Based treatment.
- Areas of clinical focus include interventions focused on safety, coping skills, problem solving, social support and communication.
- Monitor child/family participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of service according to the child’s individual treatment plan.
- Participate as a member of multi-disciplinary team in all treatment plan reviews of children. Present case conceptualization and treatment plan in group supervision setting.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
- Document all services provided for contract compliance as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes
- Maintain contact with caregiver of clients who are hospitalized/respite/residential and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts
- Masters degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field
- Two years experience preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License
- LiveScan fingerprinting required
- Experience with families and children is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish
- Registration with BBS required