The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a Mental Health Worker for its School Readiness Program. The position is full-time. The focus of the program is to reach out to families with infants and toddlers with potential developmental or behavioral issues who have been overlooked in order to prepare the family to support their child’s transition to school.
This program is comprised of a dedicated team that provides direct service to clients and serves as a resource for families and their children. Services are provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry a caseload of clients
- Conduct initial child, parent, and family assessments in throughout all Orange County
- Create Individualized Family Plans
- Provide Triple P interventions
- Maintain client files as required and complete required documentation in a timely manner
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Actively participate in all required training
- Participate in various outreach events
- Participate in weekly individual and team supervision
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Work on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or related field
- Experience working with clients directly in a service role is required
- Experience working with families and children ages 0-7 is preferred
- Bilingual Vietnamese is required
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Live Scan finger printing required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal or State laws.