The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a full-time Outreach & Engagement Specialist for its Outreach & Engagement/ WELL Program.
The Outreach & Engagement Specialist is familiar with and, a member of one of Orange County unserved or underserved communities, such as the Latino, Vietnamese, Korean, and Arabic community, and is able to use her/his familiarity with the community to access unserved and underserved community members (all ages) who normally would not receive information about mental health/mental illness issues or obtain help when needed.
- To promote mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of all ages individuals raising community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources
- Assist the Director and Supervisor with outreach activities & other operation tasks of the Community Outreach and Engagement Program so that it achieves goal #1, provides programmatic excellence, and meets all contract requirements
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distributes mental health/mental illness flyers, brochures, community resource information, and other materials to community members, organizations serving families, seniors, or community individuals and groups that can spread the word to potential participants
- Connects with children, teens, their parents or other adults at community gatherings, events, and groups
- Recruits mental health services consumers and other volunteers to help expand the mental health/mental illness awareness message
- Field hotline calls from the public, phone banking follow ups and assistance
- Assists Educators with presentations, crisis intervention, community resource referrals and linkages, and short-term case management as needed
- Pitches in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program
- Comply with data entry requirements in Exym and deliver stats on time for reports and HCA needs
- High school diploma or GED
- Some experience in social service or mental health field
- Excellent people and communication skills, initiative, ability to engage others, and work with a team
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable
- Possesses relevant life experience relating to the targeted populations of the Outreach and Engagement Program, especially the Latino or Vietnamese communities, and has a passion to help the children or teens in those populations
- Bilingual Spanish or Vietnamese highly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal or State laws.