As we continue our mission to break the generational cycle of child abuse and family violence, we are grateful for your willingness to get involved and make a positive impact in the community.
To apply for an internship or core volunteer position, submit your resume along with the completed Internship and Core Volunteer Application, and all school internship forms (student interns only) to [email protected]
**Please be advised the entire process (application, interviews, screenings, & orientation) will take an average of 2 weeks before selected interns can begin their service **
Development Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
Development Interns, and Core Volunteers assist in a variety of areas to obtain financial and other support for the organization.
- Events – provides quality support to the Development & Special Events Coordinator in order to ensure the success of Child Abuse Prevention Center special events such as galas, golf outings, and casino nights. Intern/Core Volunteer will provide support pre-event, during the event, and post-event. Additional responsibilities include assisting with displays for auction items, reconciling auction items, and any support needed to ensure event success.
- Marketing and communications – focuses on identifying new content for Social Media and Websites. Intern/Core Volunteer will be responsible for the preparation for our publications through mediums including Websites and other forms of Social media. Other obligations may include marketing and event coordination. Please send 2 writing samples along with resume and application.
- Grants Research and Writing – researching new funding opportunities for general operational budgets, designated programs, and restricted opportunities as well as assisting in the management of the Grant submission process for the Child Abuse Prevention Center.
Communications & Marketing Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
Communications & Marketing Interns and Core Volunteer Opportunities are able to assist in a variety of areas:
- Content Creation – develops written and visual content, such as, graphics, infographics and videos to help promote the Child Abuse Prevention Center and its programs, events and activities. Intern/Core Volunteer will provide support in creating and distributing the visual content.
- Social Media & Website – creates new, engaging and innovative content for the Child Abuse Prevention Center’s social media platforms and website. Intern/Core Volunteer will provide support in scheduling and distributing the content.
- Writing & Editing – researches, writes and edits written material for newsletters, media, blog posts, articles and other content (as needed).
Please send 2 writing samples along with resume and application.
Program Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
Program internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities are available in a variety of different programs. Please view the descriptions below:
- Well – offers services to help unserved and underserved Orange County communities raise awareness of topics such as healthy childhood development; emotional and social well-being; and improved communication and understanding within families. Intern/Core Volunteer also provides quality support to Well program staff in order to further the program mission of promoting emotional and social well-being to Orange County’s families.
- School Readiness– provides support for healthy child development that encourages social and emotional wellbeing during the earliest years of life. Intern/Core Volunteer will assist during outreach Ages & Stages Questionnaire 3rd Edition developmental screening events held at various community sites, shadow Mental Health Workers during home visits, and research and identify community resources to support client needs.
Operations Support Internship and Core Volunteer Opportunities
- Accounting- supports the Child Abuse Prevention Center’s accounting department by entering accounts receivables into QuickBooks, distribution and allocation of monthly invoices, and reconciling credit card activity.
- Human Resource Recruitment – develops and assists with recruitment, screenings and on-boarding efforts for the Child Abuse Prevention Center.
Must clear all required screenings: Live Scan, Tuberculosis and DMV report, copy of car insurance and satisfactory references..
If you are interested in special events volunteer opportunities or opportunities to volunteer as a family, please proceed to our volunteer page for further details.