The Casework Specialist provides in-home parent education and community linkage.
- Meet productivity level as defined by management.
- Complete documentation as required by supervisor and/or agency in timely manner.
- Meet goals for opening/closing cases as defined by milestones provided by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide parenting education via the Commission approved KIPS (Keys to Interactive Parenting Scale) curriculum and PIPE (Partners in Parenting Education) activities
- Respond immediately to newly assigned cases to ensure agency connection
- Conduct initial needs assessments
- Develop relationships with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency
- Provide in-home visitations with a focus on parent education, problem solving, and case management
- Follow TCM protocols as outlined by the agency TCM manual including:
¨ Complete risk factor assessment for appropriate clients meeting Targeted Case Managed (TCM) criteria
¨ Open and close TCM clients with Comprehensive Individualized Care Plans and Periodic Reviews
¨ Provide clients with consultation, assessment, linkage, and referral to service providers and placement activities, with follow-ups to occur within 30 days from date of referral(s)
¨ Ensure all TCM clients have at least one TCM encounter every calendar month
¨ Attend all agency and county TCM and TCM Time Survey trainings
¨ Complete monthly TCM Time Surveys
- Coordinate with all agencies involved in cases
- Provide ongoing observation for elements of abuse and neglect within assigned families
- Assist in public education activities as needed (speaking presentations to organizations, parent groups, etc.)
- Maintain cases in accordance with Commission requirements
- Track family progress utilizing pre and post standardized KIPS assessment
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Perform development screenings, home safety checks, oral health education, immunization screenings, and other activities required by the Commission
· Participate in the seasonal events/programs benefitting clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field
- One year related experience required, 2 years preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese is required
- Successful completion and maintenance of KIPS certification training program
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance