The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a part time, temporary Childcare Coordinator to facilitate services to children of parents attending the parenting classes by providing childcare for children ages between 2 to 12 years of age. The services provided will focus on ensuring a safe and positive environment. In addition, the Childcare Coordinator will provide age appropriate activities that will enhance children’s social and physical development through structured and independent play.
Please note that this position is only temporary until June 30, 2017.
Part Time = 20 hours
- CC would facilitate around 5-6 classes weekly and be assigned to a class every morning and every evening
- 2-3 hours of activity planning per week
- Example of a schedule: Mon-Wed—2 classes/day (4 hours per day = 12 hours) + Thursday OR Friday—lesson planning time (3 hours) = 15 hours
- Manage the ongoing program development activities in the three age brackets defined as young children, school aged and older school aged for child care services.
- Manage and train volunteers as well as interns to support activities in the child care services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain open availability according to the needs of the program; classes occur Monday-Friday (mornings, afternoons, evenings)
- Be able to accommodate split shifts (i.e.: 9-11am, 3-5pm)
- Prepare and coordinate activities in preparation of child care services
- Manage & train volunteers and interns
- Advocate for the Parent to Parent program – spreading the word
- Manage program calendar and ensure proper supervisor of children participating in child care services
- Responsible for all program outcomes reporting monthly and annually
- 12 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units preferred
- 12 months of experience working in a licensed child care facility preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related field or child development desired
- Bilingual/bicultural in one identified target population preferred
Interested qualified candidates please send resume, salary history and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.