The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a Part time Childcare Coordinator to facilitate services to children of parents attending the parenting classes by providing childcare for children ages between 2 to 12 years of age. The services provided will focus on ensuring a safe and positive environment. In addition, the Childcare Coordinator will provide age appropriate activities that will enhance children’s social and physical development through structured and independent play.
Part Time = 20 hours
- CC would facilitate around 5-6 classes weekly and be assigned to a class every morning and every evening
- 2-3 hours of activity planning per week
- Example of a schedule: Mon-Wed—2 classes/day (4 hours per day = 12 hours) + Thursday OR Friday—lesson planning time (3 hours) = 15 hours
- Manage the ongoing program development activities in the three age brackets defined as young children, school aged and older school aged for child care services.
- Manage and train volunteers as well as interns to support activities in the child care services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain open availability according to the needs of the program; classes occur Monday-Friday (mornings, afternoons, evenings)
- Be able to accommodate split shifts (i.e.: 9-11am, 3-5pm)
- Prepare and coordinate activities in preparation of child care services
- Manage & train volunteers and interns
- Advocate for the Parent to Parent program – spreading the word
- Manage program calendar and ensure proper supervisor of children participating in child care services
- Responsible for all program outcomes reporting monthly and annually
- 12 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units preferred
- 12 months of experience working in a licensed child care facility preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related field or child development desired
- Bilingual/bicultural in one identified target population preferred
Interested qualified candidates please send resume, salary history and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.