The Community Education Specialist works closely with Program Director and Lead Mental Health Worker to promote School Readiness services and educate potential referral sources and participants about the program. This is done by promoting mental health wellness for families with children ages 0-8, raising community awareness on stigma associated with mental health services, and increasing knowledge about social-emotional issues and early identification. Facilitates collaboratively with community providers, Early Childhood Education (ECE) providers, and physicians to set goals and receive feedback on the recruitment of families for the program.
1.To promote early child mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of children by raising community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
2.To promote early child mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of children by raising community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
3.The Community Education Specialist reaches and identifies potential referral sources and families with children ages 0-8 who are at-risk and could benefit from the program and links to Data Entry Specialist for intake coordination and ongoing services.
4.Identify community based organizations that can benefit of SRPS Community Trainings in order to assist program in meeting contracted unit goals.
5.Assist the Program Director with identifying outreach activities for SRPS to be marketed & other operation tasks of the School Readiness Program so that it achieves outreach goals
6.Provides programmatic excellence and meets all contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates with Program Director and cultivates relationships regarding newly identified community referral sources
· Effectively promotes program to potential referral sources and participants of program services on a daily basis to meet contract goals
· Recruits child and family services providers and community members to help expand the early identification awareness message
· Utilize Triple P Level 2 training to facilitate Community Trainings with efforts to support program in meeting contract goals and to further educate parents or providers of SRPS services.
· Distributes SR program cards, flyers, and brochures to parents, caregivers, organizations serving children and families, community individuals, or groups that can spread the word to parents and caregivers
- Connects with children and families at community gatherings, groups, and both evening and weekend outreach events.
- Contributes wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the School Readiness Program.
- Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma, BA a plus
- Some experience in marketing, communications, social service or mental health field.
- Excellent people and communication skills, initiative, ability to engage others, and work as a team.
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable.
- Bilingual Spanish desired.