The Foundation & Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for negotiation and the research, development and preparation of grant proposals to private funding sources in both foundations and corporate entities. The F/C Manager works in collaboration with programs and the Chief Development Officer to monitor performance of grants and ensure compliance of existing programs. The F/C Manager will participate in proposal and preparation and act as a lead in the review and terms and conditions acceptance over the life of agreements. The F/C Manager will support and advise the CDO in solving challenges such as assessment of risk, special contractual provisions and performance expectations.
The F/C Manager will work closely with Executive Leadership including the Executive Director, Controller, Chief Development Officer, Chief Program Officer, and Program Directors to guide the execution of grant awards from award to program delivery, ensuring contract compliance and success.
· Identify new grant opportunities
· Manage relationships with established private funders
· Ensure quality and applications are prepared, presented, and submitted by the appointed
· Manage the grant calendar and prepare monthly reports for Management Team and Development Department
· Ensure data and relationship files are current within one week
· Communicate grant status and program progress to grantors
· Research new funding opportunities, relationships and Prevention and advocacy campaigns
· Manage an intern to assist in contract research, writing support, and editing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adhere to contract submission guidelines
· Report key milestones and progress to funders in a timely manner
· Maintain consistent communications with funders
· Coordinate pre- and post-contract award administration efforts
· Manage contract reports (weekly, monthly, annual)
· Draft and continuously develop case statements and program descriptions
· Work closely with the CDO
· Develop budget reports, budget summaries, and budget narratives in conjunction with the Controller
· Arrange and attend site visits with the Executive Director and Chief Development Officer
· Assist the CDO with maintaining relationships with the CAPC Board Members as it relates to grants
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills; ability to turn data into narrative form
· Strong project management, administrative and organizational skills, including documentation, record-keeping, and reporting
· Knowledge of budgeting process and outcomes measurement
· Ability to work with Acrobat, fundraising software & MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, adhere to deadlines and be attentive to details.
· Ability to conduct research via the internet, library and other sources.
· Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with funders, departmental peers, volunteers, and other professionals involved in fundraising.