Children’s In Home Crisis Stabilization (CIHCS) is seeking a full-time Mental Health Worker to join its team. CIHCS is targeted to serve at-risk children ages 0-17.
- Helping children who experience thoughts of suicide, thoughts to harm others, self-harming behaviors (cutting) and/or aggressiveness
- Providing an effective proven service model
- Short term and intensive (3 weeks)
- Services provided within the home and/or community
- Provide 24/7 intensive short term crisis intervention and critical safety management services as part of a rotation schedule. Services provided are to be provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
- Provide 24/7 intensive crisis intervention and critical safety management services by conducting initial intakes based on an on-call schedule as needed.
- Provide support to the individual child and family to help them cope with stressors related to serious emotional disturbance.
- Conduct a needs assessment of resource with child and family with the purpose of increasing successful. Prioritize needs of child and family, address barriers and reinforce benefits of using resources.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
- Provide rehabilitation services as needed to improve, maintain and restore functioning. Services include social skills, impulse control, coping skills, communication, etc
- Provide parenting education as needed including setting limits, behavioral contracts, communication, etc.
- Assist the family in identifying their child’s strengths and the strengths of the family.
- Maintain contact with caregiver of clients who are hospitalized/respite/residential and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts.
- Document all services provided for contract compliance as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes.
- Some high school education, Diploma or GED, B.S. Degree in Psychology, two years’ experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Valid California Driver’s License
- LiveScan fingerprinting required
- Experience with families and children is preferred