Micro-fundraising is a great way to give back to the Child Abuse Prevention Center in a way that lets your personality and interests shine through! Through your own individual fundraising efforts and ideas, you and/or your group, solicit donations from family, friends and/or colleagues to support our cause. All funds raised will go directly to our in-home child abuse prevention programs. You come up with an idea and we assist you in your fundraising efforts. Whether this means creating an online fundraising page through Razoo, assisting with flyers or simply marketing the event through social media, email blasts and outreach events, we are here to help YOU host a successful event!
Listed below are a few fundraisers to give you an idea to create your own!
This year, high school senior Brandon Huang and the Corona del Mar High School Well club hosted a music and community festival at the Newport Beach Civic Center. The event raised over $2,000 for child abuse prevention!
Blue Jean Week
For April Child Abuse Prevention Month, the Irvine Wells Fargo Dealer Services office held a jeans week. Each employee could wear blue jeans if they donated $10. The office raised $3,140 to help end child abuse!
Ragnar Relay Race
Each April, members of our Board of Directors, our Executive Director, staff members, and other community supporters ran the annual Southern California Ragnar Relay. The dedicated team members survived this grueling run all in the name of child abuse and as a team successfully raised over $30,000!
In May, the Palisades Tennis Club held a fundraising event during their annual Calcutta Tennis Tournament. Members bid to be on teams with prize money awarded to the winners. The Palisades Tennis Club raised $1,220 by providing 10% of the proceeds back to the Prevention Center.
Here is a list of additional ideas and examples to help get you started in developing a micro-fundraiser
- Do a Marathon, Walkathon, Bikeathon, Surfathon, and/or Fishathon
- Host a Part/Event (Cocktail Party, Picnic, etc.)
- Mini Golf Outing
- Dance Marathon, Bake Sale, Car Wash, etc.
- Restaurant Fundraiser
Here are six easy steps to hosting your own micro-fundraiser:
- Step 1: Identify your fundraiser. Remember, this is your special project for preventing abuse! It should reflect your interests and great ideas!
- Step 2: Select a date, time, and location.
- Step 3: Email [email protected] to let us know about your micro-fundraiser or drive and obtain templates for flyers to spread the word.
- Step 4: Use Razoo to accept online payments, spread the word and promote your event. Click here for simple instructions on setting up your Razoo page!
- Step 5: Hold the event!
- Step 6: Presentation of funds to CAPC and celebration of your work!
Let us know how we can help and partner with you on your micro-fundraiser!