The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a full-time Human Resources Director with a high degree of integrity to join the recently expanded Human Resources team. The Human Resources Director will utilize their broad and deep generalist experience to help guide agency leaders through a transformation that reinforces an employee-oriented, client-focused culture that emphasizes Safety, Trust, Respect, Responsibility and Results. Through the application of Appreciative Leadership principles, the Human Resources Director will empower, coach and develop agency leadership to work collaboratively and foster development of individuals and teams to live to their full potential. The Human Resources Director will report to the Executive Director while supporting the needs of other leaders within the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1) Labor and employee relations; 2) Classification and Compensation; 3) Talent Acquisition; 4) Learning and Development
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources is preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Business Management, Organizational Development, or related field required
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the human resource field, which includes five (5) years in a supervisory capacity and at least two (2) years’ experience leading a lean human resources department within a mid-sized organization (130-200 employees) preferred
- SHRM/HRCI Certification is highly desirable
- Experience directly providing employee relations services including recruiting and hiring, benefits and compensation, leaves of absence, workplace investigations and employment practices
- In depth knowledge of California wage and hour law and other state, local and federal labor laws
- Exceptionally organized, focused on the details and the larger outcome, approachable, confident, confidential, self-motivated, generally works with considerable independence
- Exhibit high levels of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Interest and/or experience in a non-profit environment is a plus
About the Center:
The Child Abuse Prevention Center is the county’s leading not-for-profit organization focused exclusively on the prevention of child abuse. As one of the largest and most successful family and children services agencies in Orange County, The Center works with families to create healthier environments for children, ultimately building stronger families. One child at a time, one family at a time, we are creating stronger families and healthier communities in order to prevent and to break the generational cycle of abuse.
Qualified candidates please send resume, salary history and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title in the subject line.