Conducts mental health/mental illness awareness, knowledge, and skills building presentations in schools and other locations serving all ages individuals; and, provides crisis intervention, case management, structured intervention, and community resource referrals and linkages to community members.
- To promote mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of all ages individuals by raising community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
- Assist the Director with weekly activity reports, coordination of classes & other operation tasks of the Community Outreach and Engagement Program so that it achieves goal #1, provides programmatic excellence, and meets all contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts mental health/mental illness awareness, knowledge, and 1:1 skills building and educational workshop presentations in schools and other locations serving families, seniors, or community individuals.
· Field hotline calls from the public, phone banking follow ups and assistance.
· Conducts case management with a caseload of 8-10 clients.
· Provides crisis intervention, structured intervention, and community resource referrals and linkages to all ages participants.
· Attends community events as needed and act as a liaison with community groups, clinics, FRC’s, collaborative groups and other entities serving all ages individuals to enhance mental health issue awareness and knowledge.
· Comply with data entry requirements in Exym and deliver stats on time for reports and HCA needs.
· Partners with and guides the Outreach and Engagement Specialists and volunteers to help them maximize the effectiveness of their outreach and engagement activities.
· Pitches in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program.
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a mental health/social services related field.
- Bilingual fluent in Spanish
- 1-2 years experience in the delivery of mental health/social service programs including case management, experience with community outreach would be ideal.
- Knowledge of Orange County Resources.
- Proven ability to give engaging presentations in front of large audiences on topics of mental health awareness.
- Excellent public speaking, people, communication, and case management skills.
- Excellent initiative and ability to engage others and work as a team.
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable.
- Possesses cultural competency skills and ability to relate to staff, consumers, and community members from Latino, and underserved communities of all ages.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends (once in a while) for clients who cannot meet during work hours.
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application with all signatures (found on the Shared Drive>4 Staff Resources), to Beth Cohen at [email protected] by July 18, 2019.
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
If you know someone who might be interested, please ask them to send their resume and salary expectation to[email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.