The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a Mental Health Worker for its School Readiness Program. The position is modified full-time (30 hours). The focus of the program is to reach out to families with children ages 0-8 with potential developmental or behavioral issues who have been overlooked in order to prepare the family to support their child’s success in school.
This program is comprised of a dedicated team that provides direct service to clients and serves as a resource for families and their children. Services are provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry a caseload of clients
- Conduct initial child, parent, and family assessments in throughout all Orange County
- Create Individualized Family Plans
- Provide Triple P interventions
- Maintain client files as required and complete required documentation in a timely manner
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Actively participate in all required training
- Participate in program outreach events
- Participate in weekly individual and team supervision
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Work on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or related field
- Experience working with clients directly in a service role is required
- Experience working with families and children ages 0-8 is preferred
- Bilingual Arabic is required
- Access to reliable transportation
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application with all signatures (found on the Shared Drive>4 Staff Resources), to Karla Miranda at [email protected].
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
If you know someone who might be interested, please ask them to send their resume and salary expectation to[email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.