The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a full time Mental Health Worker for its South Orange County School Readiness Program. The focus of the program is to reach out to families with infants and toddlers with potential developmental or behavioral issues who have been overlooked in order to prepare the family to support their child’s transition to school.
This program is comprised of a dedicated team that provides direct service to clients and serves as a resource for families and their children. Services are provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry a caseload of clients
- Conduct initial child, parent, and family assessments in SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY
- Create Individualized Family Plans
- Provide Triple P interventions
- Maintain client files as required and complete required documentation in a timely manner
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Actively participate in all required training
- Participate in various outreach events
- Participate in weekly individual and team supervision
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Work on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or related field
- Experience working with clients directly in a service role is required
- Experience working with families and children ages 0-7 is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish is required
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Live Scan finger printing required
About the Center:
The Child Abuse Prevention Center is the county’s leading not-for-profit organization focused exclusively on the prevention of child abuse. As one of the largest and most successful family and children services agencies in Orange County, The Center works with families to create healthier environments for children, ultimately building stronger families. One child at a time, one family at a time, we are creating stronger families and healthier communities in order to prevent and to break the generational cycle of abuse.
Join our Team and Commit Your Expertise to our Mission:
Interested candidates REQUIRED to send resume and salary history to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.