For a few years now, volunteers have taken an interest in constructing Mother’s Day “Care Baskets” for families receiving services through the Prevention Center. Most of our program families live under the poverty line, and often cannot afford basic needs items or have the luxury to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Care Baskets are put together by caring volunteers who want to recognize our program mothers for their commitment to creating a brighter future for their children and family. Volunteers will create a basket with donated items to give to our program mothers.
Past baskets have included:
- Baby Items (Baby Wipes, Baby Blankets, Baby Formula)
- Linens (Sheets, Blankets, Pillows, Comforters, Crib Sheets, Crib Bedding)
- New or gently used clothes
- School Supplies (backpacks, notebooks, paper, pencils, glue, scissors)
- Hygiene and Beauty Products
- Encouraging notes
If you would like to donate items for the baskets, bring in a completed basket, or donate your time and effort to creating baskets, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Omero Corral at [email protected].