The primary role of the Program Supervisor is to provide clinical guidance to staff/interns about mental health diagnosis, treatment, follow up, services and resources. A Program Supervisor reports directly to the O&E Program Director.
- Maintain assigned duties to fulfill all requirements and meet all contractual obligations set by funder and management.
- Manage ongoing clinical needs and development activities for assigned consultations, and progress notes from Mental Health Educators/Mental Health Professionals/interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Program Administration
¨ Facilitate case reviews in individual supervision, group supervision and staff training.
¨ Attend weekly staff meetings.
¨ Ongoing program development around evaluation, training and services.
¨ Assist in the development of training opportunities and new projects.
¨ Flexibility to occasionally manage staff crisis calls during shift or outside of shift with support from Program Director.
¨ In charge of caseload, assignment and tracking of referrals to staff with support from Program Director.
¨ Directly responsible for the supervision of assigned program clinical interns/Mental Health Professionals and Mental Health Educators.
¨ Conduct individual supervision sessions in person with each assigned staff member on a weekly basis per BBS standards with support from Program Director.
¨ Conduct group supervision as needed by BBS standards.
¨ Review client files and monitor charts for timeliness and accuracy, as well as adherence to HCA requirements on number of sessions provided and discharges completed in time on Exym.
¨ Responsible for intern and staff management, including hiring, disciplinary action, and termination under the supervision of the Program Director.
¨ Complete employee evaluations and conduct annual performance reviews.
¨ Review and supervise the filing of child abuse/elder abuse/dependent reports and special incident reports.
¨ Coordinate strategically to ensure that assigned program staff are performing at or above expectations.
¨ Recruit, train and oversee MSW and AMFT interns from local universities under the direction of the Program Director.
¨ Comply with data entry requirements and deadlines as well as supervision and approval of notes, assessments, and discharges in Exym.
¨ Interface with data entry specialist to maintain quality and consistency of documentation
¨ Liaison with community agencies, universities and other collateral professionals as needed with Program Director.
¨ Represent agency in community relations events/community meetings as needed with Program Director.
¨ Crisis counseling and conflict resolution with staff/interns or clients as needed over the phone.
¨ Provision of resources and referrals.
¨ Provide periodic case review for quality assurance and auditing purposes.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, LPCC, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Preferred California-licensed for a minimum of two years with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (LMFT, LCSW, Psychologist) with BBS supervisory courses completed/renewed. All requirements for continued licensure, and ongoing clinical supervision of AMFTs and MSWs, must be maintained at all times throughout employment. Further, any actions made against license and/or any failure of the employee to maintain licensing/supervision requirements must be brought to the Program Director’s and Human Resources Manager’s attention immediately.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience with completed supervisory courses approved by BBS.
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate occasional crisis calls from staff for guidance and not concurrently work a full time other position due to county contract requirements.
- Strong experience establishing and achieving goals.
- Results oriented.
- Strong team leadership skills.