Provide aftercare resource referral and support after clients complete programs at the agency. The program will provide phone based and in-home case management in the form of referral, linkage and support. Responsible for providing needed information and resources to clients via phone, text, chat, email and/or face to face conversations. Clients remain in the Connected Care program for up to 12 months.
1.Assessing and meeting the immediate, short-term needs of inquirers who are experiencing a crisis situation including domestic abuse, mental health crisis or suicide.
2.Provide aftercare services to families’ post-discharge.
3.Provide case management services to decrease readmissions
4.Connect clients to the community resources needed to help them achieve stability and improved quality of life
5.Linkage to needed social services including behavioral health and primary care
6.Develop rapport and a trusting relationship with clients through respectful outreach and client-centered engagement practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Phone based support for clients and families
- Provide in-home support providing case management and referrals
- Provide case management, non-clinical counseling, and follow-up services
- Responsible for providing client support, mentoring, and assistance with the navigation of community resources and services.
- Data Tracking
- Provide guidance in accessing public services, including financial, housing, emergency assistance, food, etc.
- Assist clients in identifying and prioritizing aftercare options
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Build collaborative partnerships with existing and new community resources and providers for linkage and support purposes.
- Maintain current awareness of community-based resources and public benefits available to clients including Orange County Social Services, Social Security and other non-profit social services agencies
- Maintain an up-to-date community resource directory
- High school diploma and 3 years of experience working with clients with mental health concerns OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or related field and experience of working with clients with mental health concerns
- Experience with families and adults is highly preferred
- Knowledge of community resources in Orange County
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including undocumented individuals, LGBT populations, and those experiencing homelessness, substance abuse, and/or mental illness.
- Bilingual Spanish desirable