The Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking a Full-Time Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. The focus of the VEC is to manage the Center’s program intern, core and casual volunteer efforts. This position reports to the Human Resources Director and works closely with the Development Department.
The duties and qualifications for the position are listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, Screen and Orient Program Interns, Core and Casual Volunteers to the Child Abuse Prevention Center and dedicated programs
- Ensure that quality assignments are defined adequately and matched to appropriate interns and volunteers
- Conduct outreach at various community events to recruit Program Interns, Core and Casual Volunteers to meet individual program’s volunteer opportunities
- Work collaboratively with program’s to understand and meet their individual volunteer needs. Ensure that volunteer assignments comply with legal requirements. Ensure that all intern and volunteer assignments are defined and scored against agency criteria: Mission Fit; Productivity; Linked to financial support for our case; Stable and accessible volunteer group
- Serve as main point of contact to individuals interested in program internships and volunteer service
- Manage the potential Program Interns, Core and Casual Volunteers application and screening process
- Provide administrative agency orientation and basic training to Interns and Core Volunteers
- Maintain effective communication, marketing materials and strategies to attract potential, current and past program Interns, Core and Casual Volunteers
- Maintain the agency’s Intern and Core Volunteer service database, records and files that allow tracking and reporting of volunteers service hours
- Coordinate the exiting of Interns and Core Volunteers to include an end of service recognition program
- Ensure that internship and volunteer assignments comply with legal requirements
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing volunteers preferred
- Excellent organization skills required
- Ability to communicate and clearly articulate values, information, and compelling stories to multiple audiences required
- The selected candidate will possess a team player mentality and be well versed in Microsoft Office products.
About the Center:
The Child Abuse Prevention Center is the county’s leading not-for-profit organization focused exclusively on the prevention of child abuse. As one of the largest and most successful family and children services agencies in Orange County, The Center works with families to create healthier environments for children, ultimately building stronger families. One child at a time, one family at a time, we are creating stronger families and healthier communities in order to prevent and to break the generational cycle of abuse.
Join our Team and Commit Your Expertise to our Mission:
Interested candidates REQUIRED to send resume and salary history to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.